ProcessThe task-force is seeking to answer this question:
What possibilities are there to meaningfully fund education for our kids and our communities?
Answering this question means we have to take into account the 151 separate school districts and 128,294 students educated in our schools.
Phase 1March - June
- Seeking information from the public
- Listening sessions with the public and with individual groups
- Collect that feedback
- Synthesize feedback into a report
- Appoint stakeholder members of the taskforce
Phase 2July - August
- Consider data
- The task-force will meet to analyze and consider data
Phase 3September - November
- Make recommendations
- Research and recommend policy changes for the State of South Dakota K-12 system
- Issue a final report as a task-force